Whether it’s a friendly enquiry from a neighbour about something “he’s always wanted to know”
or a client who approaches you with an issue unrelated to her file, how many times have you been asked a question that falls outside your regular area of practice?
This webinar is focused on frequently asked questions that have arisen since the legalization of non-medical (recreational) cannabis on October 17, 2018. Legal Aid lawyer Katherine Dowle, will provide you with the basic answers you need and she will point you toward relevant case law and legislation.
Topics will include:
- How much cannabis am I allowed to have at home versus in public?
- Can I use (smoke or vape) cannabis anywhere I want, e.g., what about public spaces?
- What are the rules about transporting cannabis in a vehicle?
- Is a challenge to Manitoba’s prohibition on growing recreational cannabis likely?
- What offences exist if I don’t follow the rules about buying and using cannabis? Are the penalties fines or jail time?
- What happens to my prior criminal record for cannabis now that it’s legal?
While this webinar is designed for practitioners who do not specialize in this area, it will also serve as a good update for those who do.
Presenter: Katherine Dowle, Legal Aid Manitoba – Phoenix Community Law Office
$60.00 (plus GST) per registrant
Webinar Group Discount: (GST will be applied to the discounted registration fee, after the group discount has been subtracted)
- 2-4 people registering: 20% discount
- 5-10 people registering: 35% discount
- 11+ people registering: 50% discount
Eligibility For CPD Hours: This program may be reported for up to 1 hour of eligible CPD activity, including 15 minutes of EPPM.