The Law Society of Manitoba is the independent regulator of approximately 2,000 practicing lawyers that comprise the legal profession in Manitoba. The Law Society’s mandate is to protect the public interest by ensuring that legal services are delivered by a competent, honourable and independent legal profession.
We are looking for a quick, clever and practical lawyer to join our team at The Law Society of Manitoba’s Professional Liability Claims Fund.
As Claims Counsel, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to investigate, assess, manage and settle negligence claims made against lawyers, as well as claims for misappropriation of trust property. This is an opportunity to work collaboratively with our experienced team at the Professional Liability Claims Fund and with outside counsel.
- Member in good standing with The Law Society of Manitoba or eligible for admission to the Manitoba Bar
- 4+ years of private practice experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgment and attention to detail
- Strong legal, organizational, investigative and research skills
- Experience and interest in a broad array of practice areas
- Ability to deal with the divergent interests and concerns of both the public and insured lawyers confidently, tactfully and empathetically
The Law Society of Manitoba believes in supporting our dedicated team of professionals by offering a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, pension, group benefits package, career development and training opportunities and a positive work-life balance philosophy.
We recognize that diverse opinions, abilities, identities, cultures and languages in our profession and workplace are a critical foundation to an effective and equitable society and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by Monday, December 13, 2021 to:
Tana Christianson, Director | Professional Liability Claims Fund
Join an organization where you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution, in a fun, respectful, inclusive and fully vaccinated work environment.
The Law Society of Manitoba thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.