How to Make a Complaint

Early Resolution

If you have a concern about your lawyer, depending on the issue, we may be able to help you resolve it without the filing of a formal complaint.

For example, if your lawyer doesn’t return your phone calls, a call from the Law Society’s Complaints Resolution Department may lead to the successful resolution of your concern.

Formal Complaint Process

If the early resolution process did not resolve your concerns or if the concerns are more serious, you can make a written complaint by completing a Complaints Help Form and attaching supporting documentation.  Alternatively you may call us at 204-942-5571 or Toll-free: 1-855-942-5571 to request a printed copy of the Complaints Help Form.

Once you have all of the necessary documentation, please send a scanned copy with your completed Complaints Help Form to our Complaints Resolution Department by email OR send us a paper copy, addressed as follows.

The Law Society of Manitoba
Complaints Resolution Department Paralegal
200 – 260 St. Mary Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3C 0M6