The Law Society of Manitoba is the independent regulator of approximately 2,000 practicing lawyers that comprise the legal profession in Manitoba. The Law Society’s mandate is to protect the public interest by ensuring that legal services are delivered by a competent, honourable and independent legal profession.
The work of an auditor inspector helps protect the public interest by ensuring lawyers and law firms comply with the Law Society rules established to safeguard client property. We are looking for a dynamic team member interested in a high level of variety in their work and who is excited by the challenge of learning different business processes and financial components of varying legal matters.
- Conduct law firm audits both on-site and in the Law Society offices
- Conduct other periodic reviews of law firm trust accounting systems
- Assess trust account supervisor applications
- Periodically assist with investigations
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Excellent judgment
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and willingness to travel on occasion within Manitoba
- Interest in compliance
- Inquisitive nature
- Motivated by challenging work
- Audit experience is a plus, although not required
Covid-19 Considerations: We have adapted various processes to safely continue essential operations during the pandemic, implementing Covid-19 policies following recommendations from public health officials.
The Law Society of Manitoba believes in supporting our dedicated team of professionals by offering a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, pension, group benefits package, career development and training opportunities and a positive work-life balance philosophy.
We recognize that diverse opinions, abilities, identities, cultures and languages in our profession and workplace are a critical foundation to an effective and equitable society and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
This permanent, full time position has a start date of January 4, 2022.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by Thursday October 7, 2021 to:
Kathy Levacque, Director of Audit
Join an organization where you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution, in a fun, respectful, and inclusive work environment.
To learn more visit www.lawsociety.mb.ca
The Law Society of Manitoba thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.