Guidelines for Applicants
To apply for admission as an articling student, you will need to complete the Application for Admission as an Articling Student and provide original documentation and information listed below. You will also need to apply directly to CPLED to be enrolled in the Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP).
As it takes time to obtain all of the required information and documentation, applicants are encouraged to start collecting it well in advance of your anticipated start date so as to avoid delays in the admission process. You must be admitted before you may start articling.
Applicants must complete the application process with utmost good faith and full disclosure is required. Omissions or inaccuracies may be grounds for rejection of the application.
- A notarized copy of photo identification which includes your full name.
- Original transcripts with final grades from all post-secondary institutions attended sent directly to the Law Society from the educational institution or from the National Committee of Accreditation. A web transcript may be provided pending receipt of your transcript.
- Certificate of Qualification from the National Committee on Accreditation (Internationally trained applicants).
- Criminal record check sent directly to the Law Society from the RCMP Real Time Identification Service (National finger-print based). To have your record check sent directly to the Law Society you must submit a third party letter of authorization. Refer to the CCRTIS website for information regarding electronic fingerprinting services.
- Certificate of Standing provided directly to the Law Society from each jurisdiction where you have practised (applicants who have practised law in any other jurisdiction).
- Certificate of Good Character
- Confirmation of Articles (You may submit your application prior to accepting an articling position. However, you will not be admitted until you have provided a Confirmation of Articles to the Law Society.)
- Articling Agreement
- Education Plan
- The non-refundable application fee ($105.00)
Please send your application, along with the required documentation to:
The Law Society of Manitoba
Attention: Admissions and Membership
200 – 260 St. Mary Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0M6